Group Dates: November 1-15, 2023 (FULL)
Homeschool Days: Wednesday, November 8 (FULL) & Thursday, November 16 (FULL)
Cost: $18 / person
Program Time: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Group Size: 50 people max.
About the Program:
Lake Waubesa Bible Camp proudly presents an interactive educational program featuring our country’s first Thanksgiving. We extend our invitation to you and your students to experience the story and the life of both the Pilgrims and Native Americans during this period of American history. Each student attending this program will participate in the following:
- Playing the games of Pilgrims and Native Americans
- Experiencing the tools used by the Pilgrims & Wampanoag Tribe
- Learning and completing chores of the Pilgrim children
- Discovering cooking methods and the foods Pilgrims and Wampanoag Tribe ate
- Discovering the cultural differences between the Pilgrims and Wampanoag Tribe
- Explore the life and impact of Chief Massasoit
- Enjoying a bountiful, allergen-friendly Pilgrim feast (made by LWBC staff)
Throughout each of these elements, our teachers will re-tell the story of that first Thanksgiving conveying the importance of these historical instances. Students will learn why and how the Pilgrims came to America, the hardships they faced, encounters with the Native Americans, and what a typical day may have looked like in the lives of these people.
LWBC would love to answer any of your questions regarding this program. Our desire is to provide an educational experience that is interactive but also historically accurate. We hope you will consider this opportunity so that we may journey together to better know and remember our country’s history!
Check out our 2023 program overview here!
For additional information, please contact Becca Kregness, our program director. She welcomes a conversation via phone or e-mail.